MADDY ACT NOTICE
In accordance with the Maddy Act, citizens of Albany and employees of the Albany Unified School District are invited and encouraged to apply for the following vacancies.
- Seven (7) Albany Teachers’ Association Representatives:
- Elementary (2)
- Secondary (2)
- English Learners (1)
- Intervention (1)
- Special Education (1)
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) Parents:
- Parents representing the following community groups are encouraged to apply:
- Albany’s Pride
- Asian/Pacific Islander Parent Engagement Group
- Albany Disability Squad
- Black Parent Advisory Group
- District English Learner Advisory Committee
- Familias Latinas de Albany
- Jewish Parent Engagement Group
- Parents not representing the above community groups are also encouraged to apply.
- One (1) California School Employees Association (CSEA) Representative
- One (1) Service Employees’ International Union (SEIU) Representative
- Two (2) Site Administrators:
- Elementary (1)
- Secondary (1)
- Two (2) High School Students
Appointed by: Albany Unified School District Board of Education
- serve as the advisory body for the District’s Local Control and Accountability Plan development process.
- review student achievement metrics and recommend strategies to close equity and opportunity gaps.
- review social emotional/mental health metrics and recommend strategies to close equity and opportunity gaps.
Members will serve for a two-year term and meetings will be held monthly (exact meeting dates in September 2021-June 2022 to be determined). Student Achievement Task Force members are encouraged to apply.
Interested parties please submit a letter of interest and completed AUSD Student Achievement Committee application to the Albany Unified School District.
Electronic submissions: email@example.com
US Mail: 819 Bancroft Way, Berkeley CA 94710
Applications and letters of interest must be submitted no later than Wednesday, September 1, 2021. (deadline extended until all positions have been filled)
Posted: Albany Unified School District website (www.ausdk12.org)